Pages

August 4, 2016

A Beautiful Day

Hi, I' m back again with another card to share.
the challenge is to use florals.
Well back in April I got the Hero Arts kit of the month and since
this challenge is featuring Hero Arts products I thought it would be 
perfect to use the stamps I got in that kit.

So here is the card I came up with.

The colors really look better in person.  Now I can't take full credit for this
because if it had been for Sandy Allnock's video I never would
have been able to paint these flowers like this.
The kit came with some Daniel Smith watercolor paint dots
and I have to say Daniel Smith watercolors are amazing.  Just those little dots go
a long way, and the colors are beautiful.
Make sure you check out Sandy Allnock's video and while you are there
subscribe to her blog, she is great!
The sentiment was also in the Hero Arts kit, then I added some sequins to add some sparkle.
The paper I stamped the images on is Strathmore Bristol smooth and
the paints blended great.  Now I did paint this flower once before and
used actual watercolor paper and I found that is held the water better and
stayed wet longer so the colors did flow a bit better.
Click HERE if you want to check out that post.

Thanks for stopping in to take a peak.

Challenges entered: 
Simon Says Stamp - Florals ends 8/9
All Sorts Challenge - A touch of Sparkle ends 8/21
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes ends 8/6
Crafty Boots - Use a stamp  end 8/13
Wonderful Wednesday - anything goes 8/16
Lemon Shortbread - anything goes ends 8/14
Cute as a Button - anything goes ends 8/31







9 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Beautiful card, so light and delicate, fabulous painting. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty boots Challenges.

Dionne

Sharon said...

How stunning!!! Your coloring is most beautiful!! I love, love, love this card Donna!!! :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card NanaDonna, the colors are so fresh and it's beautifully balanced :)

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Becca Cruger said...

This is so amazing! I saw this in the Simon Says Stamp gallery and had to come by to tell you how much I admired it! It's so pretty! So happy to be your latest bloggy follower.

Dewi Lestari said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining at Lemon Shortbread: Anything Goes
Hugs
Dewi

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Donna thank you for joining us over on
Cute As A Button on this month's challenge
Dianne xx
CAAB DT

jenn shurkus said...

this is absolutely stunning!!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

Lau W said...

Lovely card, so sweet !
Thanks for playing with us at the Cute As A Button challenge !
Lau / CCAB Stamps DT