Pages

August 27, 2016

Wishing you a Beautiful Day

Hello everyone, hope you all are having a fabulous weekend.
Here is Arizona I am so ready for Summer to be over and
finally have our temperatures drop below 100.

I recently saw a video on Catherine Pooler's blog where she 
made a card using Brusho Powders. Well, I don't have any Brusho but I do have Ken Oliver Color Burst which is basically the same thing.
Here is a link to her video if you want to check it out, click
HERE to watch it. 
Since I recently had surgery on my hand and can't really color I thought
this was something I could do because it just has to be sprayed with water.
So here is my take on it. 
The feathers are stamped on Canson mixed media paper using a Unity Stamp and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  I then wet the stamped area with
plain water then sprinkled my Color Burst powders on it.    I sprayed it with more water to make the colors blend and move some more, then to add more sparkle I sprayed it with diamond Glimmer Mist spray.  Lastly, I splattered some
dark gray spot on it.  I have to tell you then when I finished with the coloring
I thought yuck, this came out awful.  I went ahead and mounted the piece on a piece of very dark gray paper and I think it made the whole thing pop. 
I stamped the sentiment in white on the same dark gray paper and pop dotted it 
on the front.  After it was all together I really liked it.
The colors are so much prettier in person and sparkly.

Thanks for stopping by and let me know what you think of my version
of watercoloring with Color Burst powders.  

Challenges entered:
Creative Artist - Anything goes mixed media ends 8/29
Creative Fingers - Anything goes ends 8/31
Patties Creations - Anything goes ends 9/1
Simply Create - Use feathers ends 8/31
Art by Miran - Anything goes ends 8/31
Tuesday Throwdown - Make it Sparkle ends 8/30


5 comments:

Birdie said...

Wow, your colors really pop on this! Love the freehand look to the entire card. Great job and thanks for entering this in the Tuesday Throwdown challenge for make it sparkle. Can't wait to see your next creation.

Birdie said...

Wow, your colors really pop on this! Love the freehand look to the entire card. Great job and thanks for entering this in the Tuesday Throwdown challenge for make it sparkle. Can't wait to see your next creation.

Sharon said...

Beautiful card Donna!! Loving those feathers and all of the wonderful colors!!!! :)

Aurelia Aurora said...

Fabulous card .. Thank you so much for joining our 65th challenge at Artbymiran.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. and Good Luck at the draw..<3

hugs,
~RoRa

Bettina L. said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the design with the feathers and gold. Thanks for sharing at Creative Fingers. Hope to see you back for our new challenge. Bettina
DT Member at Creative Fingers xx