Pages

November 1, 2016

Marshmallow Snowman

Hi, well here we are at November 1st already.  Everyone have them
Christmas cards done?  Nope, not me, I am still trying to figure out 
my design for the ones I mass produce.  It is looking up though cause I thinkI finally have it nearly figured out.
Well, this card will make it into my random Christmas card stack.
I created this card for the November Crafty Awesomeness Challenge over
at the Crafting Circle.  This month out sponsor is
Bugaboo stamps.  Thanks, Jodie we love your stamps. 
I chose to use Marshmallow Snowman for my image.  I had just received my
Hero Arts October kit of the month and it had a cut snow-globe in it
si I wanted to use that with this adorable little snowman. 
I colored him using my Copic markers. I then cut about 3 panels with the circle our of the center from very heavy white chipboard.  I glued the acetate under the piece of pattern paper to make my snow-globe window.  I used a little bit of the 
Flower Soft snow that came in the kit, but mostly what I used for my "snow" was silica gel that I have been saving from medication bottle, shoes, etc etc...
It made GREAT snow for this shaker card. 
Plus I had seen someone had used alcohol inks to dye it so
it can be used for all kinds of shakers cards and other things. 
The globe stand I used the die and cut it from a piece of wood grain paper, then
stamped it with a stamp that was also in the kit.  
The "winter wonderland" I stamped on and oval and mounted it
with foam tape.
So, I hope you like my card and head on over and join in the fun over at
Also, make sure you check out Bugaboo stamps for some cute images
and don't forget the Friday Freebie. 

No comments: