Pages

February 22, 2017

No Line Coloring

Hi, lately in the "coloring" world no line coloring is
all the rage.  I have to admit I love the look of it, but not
very good at it.
So over at Power Poppy this month the challenge is......
I had to give it a try using Power Poppy image 
Tulips in a Hobnail Pitcher.  I printed it on my printer
but changed the lines to print in very light gray, probably 
too light cause it was hard to see.
I have to admit I kind of messed up, mostly on the leaves.  
All in all, though I do like the color palette and once I put it together on
a card it didn't look too bad.
I colored it using my Zig Clean Color pens on Strathmore Bristol smooth
paper, I like this paper for Zig coloring. 
I then cut out the oval using a Gina Marie die in the middle of my
checked paper.  Love this set of dies cause after you cut out the center
you also have a stitched oval piece to use.  I mounted that whole panel on craft fun foam to raise it off the base.  The circle I cut using my Cricut and then
stamped with a stamp from CTMH.  I used Catherine Pooler's Tiara ink                    and it matched the paper perfectly.  I love these inks!

Now over at Kit and Clowder this month Alyce has a class
for coloring with no lines, so after I did this I went on over and sign up                    for the class.  Maybe I will do an updated version
of this one after I have done the class, just for comparison
purposes.  I am sure it will be remarkably better as Alyce is
a fabulous teacher. 

So you have until the end of the month to join this challenge 
at Power Poppy's blog, head on over a join in.
Thanks for stopping to take a peak.
Challenges entered:
Crafting by Design - It's almost Spring - ends 2/28  
The House that Stamps Built - Anything goes - ends 2/28
Stamping Royality - use dies - ends 2/27


5 comments:

Heather said...

well, you may think you aren't very good at it, but I think your coloring is gorgeous!! And such a pretty image too. Gorgeous card all around! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Unknown said...

Ah! My favorite, yellow Roses! Love the look, you did great for the first time. NO lines, huh? I can't even color WITH lines! LOL!

Unknown said...

Oops!! Sorry, I saw Roses the first time, my bad!

Glittered Paws said...

Well I didn't see a mess up - thought the card was beautiful - and you are on top of Mothers Day - thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built this week.

Carrie Rhoades said...

It's beautiful coloring and looks hand painted, you can not see any mess ups. Great card. Thank you for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty.