Pages

April 20, 2017

Playing With Inks

Hi, I have a couple quick simple cards to share with you today.
After I make a card, if it is not specifically for someone
I will leave it on my desk until I type up a blog post.
Well, I have a bit of a back up on my desk so I am going to
have a few cards in this post that I have made playing around
with inks, Distress, Distress Oxide and Catherine Pooler Inks.
The first card I created the background using the Distress Oxide inks.
At first, I started out by just painting on stripes using Worn Lipstick and Fossilized Amber, it di not come out the way I envisioned it but the great thing about the Distress Oxide is that once it is dry you can layer the colors.  I added some Spiced Marmalade and Iced Spruce.  In the end I really liked it and did
not want to cover it up too much so I just added a Gina Marie die label
and stamped the happy birthday.

The next two cards again I played around with the Distress Oxides.

Both of these cards were made with the same piece of paper.
I really didn't like the way the paper came out after I had added the
Oxide inks, so I thought what the heck let me try using the 
Joseph's Coat technique on it.  I grabbed some CTMH solid flower stamps
and randomly stamped using Versamark and then clear embossed them.
I then used Distress Walnut Ink I just covered over the stamped piece using my blending sponge.  It was amazing to see this come to light, so I turned my
not so nice piece of paper into a pretty usable piece.  I cut it in half using a wavy die and used the two pieces to make a couple cards.

Finally, the last card of the day is one using Catherine Pooler Inks and Unity Stamps. 
The Cather Pooler inks are so vibrant and work pretty much like
the regular Distress Inks.  I just spread some ink on my craft mat
misted it with water and drug my watercolor paper through it.
I then stamped the Unity Stamps flower from the "Rebuild Your Life" set and
the sentiment is from "Bunches of Love" set.
After I stamped the flower and went back in and added some water from
the petals and dabbed it with paper towel lifting off some of the color.

Thanks for stoping by, would love to hear which card is your favorite.
Challenges entered:
Aud Sentiments - use a stamp for your sentiment - ends 4/30
Crafting with Attitude - anything goes - ends 4/30 
Crafty Girls Creations - anything goes - ends 4/30

3 comments:

Sue Crease said...

All lovely cards, particularly the second one for me.
Sue

Nicola Gold said...

Looks like you had fun playing with the inks. All are great cards. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafting with an Attitude Challenge 'Anything Goes' April 2017.
Nicola, CWAA DT (Amethyst Lily Designs )

Julie said...

Each card is just gorgeous
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Julie T